Hersheypark in Pennsylvania has announced that their 2023 Hersheypark Halloween seasonal festivities and Dark Nights haunted event will offer more dates, a fifth haunted house, and expanded food menu over seven exciting weekends. Running from September 15 – October 29, this year contains more fun and scares than ever before!
Hersheypark Halloween Festivities
The fun starts at park open with the family-friendly Hersheypark Halloween! This seasonal park overlay offers 50 rides and attractions, trick-or-treating, glow dance parties, and more!
- Lights-Out Coaster Rides – During the last hour of daily operation, head to Wildcat’s Revenge, Candymonium, Comet, and Lightning Racer for a lights-out ride!
- Hershey’s Trick-or-Treat Trail – Children 12 years of age and under can visit 13 candy stations along The Boardwalk at Hersheypark.
- Hershey Character Glow Dance Party – Inside the Music Box Theater, guests will dance their hearts out with their favorite Hershey characters.
- Creatures of the Night – Starting October 13, enjoy a special flashlight tour of ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park (accessible by a special bridge inside Hersheypark).
2023 Dark Nights Haunted Houses
Celebrating its second year (and included in your Hersheypark Halloween ticket), Dark Nights starts at 6pm every event night. With five terrifying haunted houses and three skin-crawling scare zones, haunt fans won’t want to miss these unique and original stories.
- Auntie Mortem’s Abattoir (ALL-NEW FOR 2023) – Ethel Mortem, known as Auntie to the community, is a second-generation meat processor running the family business with the help of her sinister nieces and nephews. Trucks keep coming to feed the machine, but the bones tell a more sinister story. Farm to table has never been more gruesome when Auntie is planning the menu.
- Haunted Coal Mine: Curse Of The Tommyknockers – It’s not only the past miners that haunt these shafts but the evil Tommyknockers who must protect their gold by any means necessary. You escaped their mines once before, but will you be so lucky this time? The fear doesn’t come from where you’re trapped but who you’re trapped with.
- Creatures Uncaged – Professor Darkstone’s prized possessions now run the show. Retrace your steps through their lair but beware, more creatures are lurking in the shadows, and they are hungry for a new audience.
- The Descent: Catacombs Of Decay – The tunnels she once prowled are now hers to dwell in forever. Venture into the catacombs of decay to reveal what secrets remain buried in her past, present and future. But, be careful that you don’t become part of her collection.
- Twisted Carnevil – The darkness of the tent was truly a never-ending carnevil of nightmares. The nightmare continues with venomous twists and turns that will hypnotize some and paralyze others.
2023 Dark Nights Scare Zones
- Fallout Zone (ALL-NEW FOR 2023) – Rogue radioactive material has begun to emit an eerie green fog. Crews are scrubbing the midway to isolate, contain, and neutralize any threats. You may avoid the fallout, but can you escape the madness from those within?
- Midway Of Misery – Misery loves company…the Decayed Brigade welcomes new sliders from the underworld with more corners to lurk in and ground to cover. Beware to those who flock to the flames: you never know who (or what) is waiting beyond the arch.
- Darkstone’s Hollow – Ousted from his own show, Darkstone is now caged for all to see and the showmen that hawked his traveling mythical collection now frantically seek shelter from the creatures that have claimed The Hollow as their own.
All-New Dining Experiences
Celebrate the fall season with delights for your taste buds! Hersheypark Halloween and Dark Nights will offer 55 specialty food and drink options throughout the Resort.
- Dark Nights Tasting Pass – Purchase a Dark Nights Tasting Pass to sample up to five horror-themed menu items at 15 park locations. Available samples include Toxic Mac & Cheese, Pulled Pork Sliders, Blood Orange Lemonade, Black Velvet Cake, and more.
- RIP Dinner Buffet – Class up your evening with an RIP Dinner Buffet. Including meet and greets with creepy characters and a Single-Use Fast Track for one of the haunted houses, guests can fill up on eerie entrees and delicious desserts.
- Spirit’s Rooftop Bar – Explore the Chocolatier Restaurant to find spirits real and imagined! At Spirit’s Rooftop Bar, guests can grab fiery cocktails and refreshing libations to fuel their fear.
Plan Your Dark Night at Hersheypark Halloween!
NEW for 2023 – Dark Nights (starting at 6pm and running until 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays and 10pm on Sundays) is included with your admission to Hersheypark Halloween. Starting at $49.99 for a one-day ticket, you can browse admission options and start planning your exciting Hersheypark vacation at hersheypark.com.