Looking for a one-of-a-kind experience, exciting new challenge, or last minute holiday gift? Check out Orlando’s newest outdoor adventure, Tank America! At this unparalleled, 14-acre attraction, guests can drive or ride in REAL 17-ton, FV433 military tanks. Navigating rugged, junglelike terrain, mud puddles, hills, hairpin turns, and more; Tank America provides a truly unforgettable afternoon for family, friends, and co-workers.
“Tank America is one of the only places in the country you can get behind the wheel of a real tank outside of the Army,” said Tank America partner John Kinney. “If you’re looking for a thrilling experience outside of the theme parks, it doesn’t get more thrilling than Tank America.”
We were so delighted to attend a special media event showcasing Tank America’s new facility (they recently relocated from Melbourne.) and its most exciting attractions – the tanks! I can’t wait to tell you all about our visit and experience out on the driving course. Thank you, Tank America, for inviting us out!
Tank America Activities and Packages
Tank America has a wide variety of driving options and activity packages available. Before starting your afternoon at the attraction, you’ll need to choose one of the following options:
- Basic Tank Training: In the Basic Tank Training Package, you’ll receive a personalized safety and vehicle briefing before climbing into a real military tank! With the help of an onboard professional instructor, you’ll navigate trenches, hills, and other obstacles on the attraction’s 1/2 mile, looped driving course.
- Commander Package: After successfully completing the course with a modified, 360° view, try the added challenge of driving from inside the belly of the tank. With only the words of your trainer and the periscope to guide you, you’ll feel as if you’re actually heading into battle!
- Advanced Troop Package: The Advanced Troop Package includes the open air driving experience (with additional mudhole obstacle) as well as the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to crush a real car under the weight of your massive military vehicle!
- Ultimate Package: If you just can’t choose between Tank America’s available activities, try the Ultimate Package! This adventure includes all of the above experiences (the open air drive, the periscope challenge, and car crush) with an included additional passenger.
Arriving at Tank America
Whichever Tank America package you choose, your experience will begin with an important safety and vehicle briefing at their indoor headquarters. During the session, you’ll hear about Tank America’s history, their fleet’s specifications, and some practical advice on how to operate these powerful vehicles. After learning a bit about the driving course and obstacles you’ll encounter, it’s time to head outside and board your FV433 tank!
Driving the Course
And now for the moment you’ve been waiting for – climbing into a military tank! Using a set of stairs, your party will find their seat and get ready for an extraordinary trip around the driving range. Each tank can hold one driver, one Tank America instructor and up to three additional passengers (depending on your chosen package, however, passengers may require an extra fee).
The 1/2 mile course is absolutely beautiful – full of lush surroundings and a variety of intimidating (yet totally achievable) obstacles. Pay attention to your onboard trainer. They will be giving you personalized guidance and helpful instructions as you navigate the driving loop.
In addition to the natural scenery and manmade obstacles, Tank America has stragetically placed a few theming details and course enhancements to increase the attraction’s immersive environment and deepen the illusion of heading into battle.
Driving and riding in these tanks is an unforgettable and truly amazing experience. With such a variety of obstacles and scenery, we were able to get a holistic taste of these vehicles’ impressive facets and abilities. And as someone who values unique adventures and out-of-the-box activities, I am so glad Tank America has joined the Orlando attraction landscape!
Tank America Group Outings and Parties
In addition to individual families and friend groups, Tank America offers unique party and event packages. Whether you’re planning a family reunion, corporate team building retreat, or other association outing; check out Tank America’s remarkable group options. You can request more information or a detailed quote by using their online form.
Freaky Thoughts: Tank America
My afternoon at Tank America was an incredibly memorable experience and frankly one of the coolest things I have ever done in Central Florida. I adored my trips through the rugged terrain and driving obstacles, and I even got to watch a real car crush in action! If you’re interested in tanks, love the outdoors, or simply looking for your next thrilling adventure; I highly recommend checking out Tank America!
Know Before You Go
- Driving a tank is dirty work! Make sure to wear clothes that can get a little bit (or very) muddy and dusty.
- Safety first! Tank drivers must be at least 16 years old. Passengers must be at least 55 inches tall to ride.
- As complicated machines with lots of moving parts, driving and riding in a tank can be intense. It is recommended that participants wear closed toed shoes.
- Depending on your party size and package purchased, expect to spend 1.5-2 hours at Tank America.